Saito 82 ?

Im thinking of getting a Saito 82 has anyone heard or has had any problems with them any reply will be helpfull thanks for any help

Reply to
dave

Haven't heard.

I've got two Saito 91s that I like. The only problem is that you mustn't run them too lean. If you do, they spit the prop at you right quick.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

On 12/27/2004 3:38 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

I have the 72 and love it. The 82 is a bored out 72 and is actually a little lighter in weight. The only suggestions I can make are:

Use some locktite on the set screw for the needle valve extension - they have a tendency to vibrate loose. You will need to get about 6 or 7 tanks through the engine before trying to fine tune the low end.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Ted, I have read information to the contrary... i.e. the .82 is not a bored out .72 and if you look carefully at the specs I think the information is accurate. The two engines have different stroke length (as well as bore) use different camshafts and it appears even different carburetors. As far as how good a motor it is I've heard only one semi-consistent complaint. (I own one but it is still NIB). The complaint is that the .82 produces a much higher level of vibration that the .72. I know of one local guy who couldn't put up with it and sold his cheap. Others say it's not that bad and a good mount (or vibration dampening mount) solves all the issues. Otherwise I've heard good words on performance, starting, etc...

Jack

Reply to
Jack Sallade

I bought the Saito 91 instead of the slightly smaller ones. Worked wel

in 40 size sport/pattern planes but would also work in slightl larger. Great little engines

-- mode

this thread:

mode1