Shop tools

Tom:

These comments were all very useful to me as a new guy to this hobby. I never even considered "lateral" balance prior to your mentioning it, but see where that could be important.

I also build golf clubs for myself and friends as a hobby, so I have a lot of used and new shafts around my shop area. Some of those carbon fiber shafts that aren't going to be used in clubs may make very good vertical rods for the CG stand. The tips may be slightly large on some of them, but I think I can work something out.

I have so much to learn and a lot of things to relearn..

Thanks,

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

Yes, I can understand the logic, Noah. Thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking that balancing on the wingtips of an ARF trainer would be easier since they are usually plastic; i.e., little chance of putting the tool through the covering of the plane. Obviously trainers have more dihedral than other planes, so its not a good idea to balance them out on the tips.

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis