Slowstick Repair

Dave

After hearing all the things you have checked , I noticed one thing you didn't. It's a very common problem with the Slow Stik. A very light hit on the front can slightly bend (or badly bend) the aluminum channel. It's not readily noticable if you aren't looking for it , but a very slight bend has a great affect. Sounds like you may have some upthrust due to a bend in the channel.

The aluminum channel really needs some reinforcing. I did this with a piece of 3/8" square balsa. Choose one that's relatively hard. You will have to sand slightly but make sure you get a good tight fit. I put mine as far in as it would go which is almost to the stab. I would imagine a shorter piece would be okay, but why not go all the way.The extra weight won't be enough to affect it but will add a lot of strength.

H>Hi There

model planes -

go vertical -

four broken props.

trying for a bit

costs me $3 to $5 a

sort of urge it

to get it off

sort of cartwheels

although I test

after it takes off.

time landing the

off) of the plane

for me first. So

but as I have got

instructors were there

a stage where I

take off and land

occasion, under the

just made a mistake)

Reply to
Ken Day

Thanks Ken - I Have had a good look at the fuse and can see a bend - will try your idea and see how it goes

David

Ken Day wrote:

Reply to
David