Smith Miniplane

Hello All I have got a sig smith miniplane but no plans or instructions. Could any of you tell me where the C.G. is supposed to be located as well as the control travels (dual rates as well) that the book, or you guys recommend for the first few flights. Thanks a lot.

-- The Ultimate Flying Experience Do it in an "Amphibian" CF-YLL

Reply to
Skylane Acres

Why not give SIG a call and see what they say?? I'm sure they'll accomodate you and you'll get your info from the manufacturer rather than someone's opinion.

SIG's website URL is

.

Jim W

Reply to
Black Cloud

I agree with Jim. Sig will give you the correct info and they have great customer service.

The phone number is 641-623-0215. I called with the same questions about an Astro Hog. The lady who answered the phone had access to all the data and read it to me.

Like an idiot, I lost the sheet of paper. I was too embarrased to call back so I emailed them at snipped-for-privacy@sigmfg.com on a weekend and had an answer before I got home from work Monday.

SIG's website URL is

Jim W

Reply to
Carrell

CG is on the leading edge of the lower wing.

Reply to
Don Hatten

Yep, works well there.

According to the plans: "Throws on the original" rudder +/-1"; elevator: +/- 5/8"; ailerons: +/- 1/2"

Sorry can't remember what I ended up with. I had what is now an ancient OS FS-61 4-stroke on mine and loved it.

Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+

Gary Dyrkacz

Gary, Nice little plane. I had an incidence problem with the plane. I balanced and set everything up per the plans. It took quite of weight up front around 8 oz as I recall. On the first flight it stood on its tail! I ended up with about 1/4 inch down elevator as well as shimming the rear of the upper wing to decrease its incidence. I have talked to others who encountered similar problems. Just be prepared for the first flight. I used a OS .40 FSR 10x6 prop.

Reply to
Elmshoot