Solarfilm on foam

Hi,

just got an ACE Extra 230 (Simple Series). It has molded foam (white) wings and a balsa/ply fuse. They instruct you to cover the foam wings with low temperature film. Can I use Solarfilm to cover bare foam ? I would expect the foam to melt from the heat required to adhere/shrink Solarfilm. Do I have any other options available in Europe ? I guess if I don't find a suitable film, I'll just tape the wing like a Zagi. Not quite as nice looking but it should work and not add too much weight. Any ideas ?

Walkman

Reply to
Walkman

On 3/1/2004 1:56 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

You can use EconoKote (not MonoKote). EconoKote is a low temp film. Another possibility is Ultra Cote. I do not know how the weight compares to Solarfilm though.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli