Soldering to Lithium Poly Cells

I recently obtained some Lithium Poly cells for use in a small plane. One of the tabs appears to be aluminum. In looking around the web, I find that "special solder" is needed in order to wire them. But, nowhere have I found what it should be and where it can be purchased. What is this stuff, what size iron is needed, and where can I get It?

TIA Jim - AMA 501383 (remove .nospam to reply)

Reply to
James D Jones

I think it's called aluminum solder.

-- DEWorley

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from the RCGroups.com Discussion Forums. Visit us at

DEWorley

Just use tinning flux, and go for it with a lead silver tin solder.

Reply to
Morgans

Try here.....

I recently obtained some Lithium Poly cells for use in a small plane.

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Look in Batteries, Li-Po

Reply to
Doug Dorton

Actually what is needed is special FLUX.

As I discovered.

Both cvheap batterypaclks

sell specail al solder paste.

I had success using Carrs 'grey flux' and ordinary multicore.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I had a little trouble getting solder to stick, too, but I found if you use the flux carefully, tin the wire before you solder, and bend the tab from the battery over the wire, then you can get an acceptable job.

Dan.

Reply to
BÿkrDan