Re: problem with e-bay seller

>his i.d on e-bay is Jatt-uk

Do you have a link to your transaction? That user ID comes up invalid.

Alan Harriman

>please stay away from this guy, he tells lies and you dont get what you >payed for, i have complained to e-bay, we will see what they will do about >it if anything, i know others have had the same problem with this guy >
Reply to
Alan Harriman

I prefer a top post, or at least edit out the unwanted fluff so the reply appears on the opening page. Nothing more aggravating then scrolling down pages and pages of text, searching for the reply, just to find an "I agree" at the bottom.

Alan Harriman

Reply to
Alan Harriman

Alan, Back when these groups were the domain of people with mostly either company or educational accounts, folks did properly trim quotes in responses and put their replies at the top, so you did not have to scroll down a thousand lines to see a one line reply.

It made a big differnce when folks were either limited by the time their provider alloted to be online or they paid out of pocket by the hour/message/download.

I agree that it is still the civil and considerate way to post. Until now I have never heard the claim it is proper to stick a response to a quote on the end.

I guess some people in life have nothing better to do than scroll down a thousand lines to read: I Agree or Duh!

Bob Ruth

Reply to
BobAndVickey

Top posting means that you are putting your response first and leaving the quoted material after it. Which is correct! Almost no one wants to scroll down through the old quoted material to read what you have to add to a thread, if they have kept up on the discussion. So you got it right and just ignore the complaint.

Bob Ruth

Reply to
BobAndVickey

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Whaddaya think of cross-dr... uh, cross-posting, Rog...

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

Reply to
Roger