The Futaba FF9

Anyone have it? Happy with it?

Anyone had any problems withit? Im currently saving up for one.. /Ben

Reply to
Ben

| Anyone have it?

I believe it's called the 9C in the US. If so, I've got it.

| Happy with it?

Yes, it's a fine radio. But if I had it to do again, I'd probably buy one of the high-end Hitec or Aitrtronics radios, especailly one with adjustable shift and a `any frequency' module. But that's just me.

(The lack of a frequency synthesizer module (I know the Spectra will work, but I'd rather not tempt the FCC/insurance people) and adjustable shift are what I'd really like that I don't have now.) | Anyone had any problems withit?

It's made of plastic, but is then made to look like it's made of metal by covering it with silver/gold `foil' ... well, this foil is beginning to peel off on mine and it looks bad. Well, it's not really peeling off, but it's doing something that looks bad. It's hard to explain -- it's bubbling up or something.

It's purely cosmetic, but still ... the radio is only like a year old.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

thanx for the tips! This radio is however cheaper then the "highest" end radios.. The synthesizer radios cost allmost double? isn't that so?

Reply to
Ben