Tranmitter for both USA air and surface bands?

Are there any transmitters available which may be readily switched for use between the USA air and surface R/C bands?

Charles P. Lamb

Reply to
Charles P Lamb

Not as such...you probably can get a Futaba or Hitec with plug in modules so you can use the basic transmitter on the 72 mhz (air) and the 75 (sufrace) bands by changing modules...you will need receivers to match as wel. Probably cheaper to buy one radio for air and one system for surface.. Frank

Reply to
Frank Schwartz

| On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:31:08 -0400, "Charles P Lamb" | wrote: | | >Are there any transmitters available which may be readily switched for use | >between the USA air and surface R/C bands? | | Not as such...you probably can get a Futaba or Hitec with plug in | modules so you can use the basic transmitter on the 72 mhz (air) and | the 75 (sufrace) bands by changing modules...you will need receivers | to match as wel. Probably cheaper to buy one radio for air and one | system for surface..

Modules are indeed a fine option.

Additional options :

27 MHz is legal for both land and air vehicles.

Ditto goes for 50 MHz and 53 MHz (but you have to be a ham radio operator to use this band, of course.)

49 MHz is also similarly legal for ground and air use (but the gear is generally very low end, as you generally pull it out of toys.)

Devices that use 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz are also legal for both land and air. The Spektrum DX6 is probably the most obvious and useful example of something that uses these bands.

Also, if you can find a Sombra Shadow RX, it can be synthesized for both the 72 MHz and 75 MHz bands. (I realize that you asked about TXs rather than RXs, but ...) This is the only RX I'm aware of with this option.

Reply to
Doug McLaren