Tx, a change in ergomonics?

Mathew,

I don't see anything wrong with your logic. Removing the throttle stick would be like removing the steering wheel on a car because people were injured by it in a collision.

It probably was the root cause, but fliers are still hitting the trim tab by accident. I think relocation of the trim tab may be safer, like they have on computer radios. I don't know, but changing the ergonomics of the Tx may be a simple matter?

I don't have a computer radio yet, but I put a strong rubber band on my throttle stick to hold it down in case I should bump it.

Wan

Reply to
Wan

Hi Olin!

Rats, ..'79 was a typo... should have been '89.. (bought my

1st (of 5) in 1990....

The tx impounds are FUN!! ......... especially since mine are Single Stick Tx's... :)

When I get a chance to demonstrate the features, some just walk away muttering... barely audible... but it sounds like " my new XXXX found any reason to go to anything later. Incidentally, I think circa

Reply to
Dave

Boat,

As a soon to be Washington resident (I hope!) now living outside o Philadelphia, you can be assured that Washingtonians do do things little differently out there. Here in Pennsylvania, the speed limit i

55 (for the most part) but if you're doing less than 70, you get a goo chance of having a car run up your bumper. Even the cops do 65 or 70 and no one says anything about it.

In Washington, the speed limit is 60, and God help you if you're doin

  1. When the authority decides to enforce the rules, then people wil abide by them.

However, I'll tell you something else. If a police officer saw yo trying to cross mid street, instead of at a crosswalk, there very wel might have been a ticket in YOUR pocket, and the story you'd be tellin would be how stupid and petty the Seattle PD was. Laws work both way and for both sides.

As to Wan's friend, and my previous post, although our club 'dictates rules and expects them to be followed, it's up to the pilots to follow and self-enforce and enforce others (kindly and gently) who are no following them.

Tonight, I was having all sorts of issues with the airplane flying, an a couple of times I flew the airplane on the pits side of the runway. That, or course, was against the rules. Yes, my instructor wa standing next to me, but it was my night to fly the airplane the wa

*I* wanted to, doing whatever I wanted to, and I was responsible. knew I broke the rules, even inadvertently, and I commented as such s my instructor knew, and then I did the things necessary to prevent i from happening a second time.

We all need to exercise common sense where applicable, and follow th rules where possible, but in the end, it's up to the person who i flying to be responsible.

Gar

-- GaryMC

----------------------------------------------------------------------- GaryMC1's Profile:

this thread:

GaryMC1

Thanks for these web sites. I found Hitec Eclipse LXAHK8 on all three for about $218. It's quite affordable considering the computer feature that permits the relocation of the kill switch.

I did not find the Hitec flash 5X, however.

Wan

Reply to
Wan

Possibly. As I wrote, I knew any possible connection was tenuous at best. I think you've hit it on the head. The Seattlean mindset seemed to say "Do it if you must, but you should know in advance that your act is selfish in the extreme and most discourteous to all the drivers on this road." That has much more relevance than the Do-Not lists posted prominently at all flying fields. "Can't you READ, Asshole? Rule #4: don't taxi in the pits!" A small difference, definitely, but very different in the amount of stress and anxiety provoked.

Reply to
Boat

Mike, I wasn't about to do another post. The topic is thoroughly covered. Everyone's post is informative. You're right about knowing where the controls are on the Tx without looking.

I just had to say hi to you. Building any more electric airplanes? I had more than 100 flights with my smaller planes that you saw. The larger one is going great, flies like a dream. I used a coiled antenna (wrapped on a piece of balsa inside the fuse) Works great.

Wan

Reply to
Wan

Hi Wan,

Still working on my Jodel ......................sems I never have time to work on it :-( taking care of kids and family is a BIG "hobby" in itself. Like 24/7. I did pick up a E-Flight Ascent powered glider ARF. Still I will need some time putting this together . Right now its been tough for the past few days because my grandmother had a stroke. So I just fly my SS alittle to keep busy.

Mike

Reply to
Mike R