UPS idiocy

So I ordered a 3 channel powered glider from Nitromodels. I got shipment notification the next day. UPS picks it up in Baldwin Park California, drives it north on I-5 all the way to Portland Oregon, then south to Roseburg Oregon. It was supposed to be delivered today. Instead they put it on a truck that went to Sacramento California and rescheduled the delivery for Monday. No wonder UPS can't make any money. An extra 800 miles they didn't have to transport the package.

UPS is the most expensive shipper and they can't do anything right.

Reply to
Vance Howard

Well... to put things in perspective, I work at the Post Office and I request UPS shipping whenever possible. :-)

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

"Robert Scott" wrote in news:hqydnQJ2S7nnLNrWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Yes, but how many times do we hear about UPS doing things right? Never? That's because it's human nature to notice, point out, and remember the bad, but to never say a peep when things go right.

Just for perspective, I have never had a problem with UPS, shipping or receiving.

Post office? Only problem I've had is unexplainably long ship times.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

As a flipside to Desmobob:

I work for UPS and frequently ship USPS. If I want it cheap, I use the post office. If I want it fast, I use UPS. I recently won something on eBay that I was complaining to the seller about. I thought he hadn't shipped it. Turned out the post office took SIX WEEKS to get the package 280 miles. I shipped a Christmas present this year UPS on DEC 21. It got from GA to NJ in two days (standard ground).

I can't explain the last part of your shipping adventure, but it's normal for a package to go to a major hub, minor hub, and then to the center it's delivered out of. The last time I ordered from Raiden/Nitro models, they used Fedex ground. I knew the package got delivered through online tracking, but I didn't get it. I had to drive around the neighborhood looking for big boxes at the front door till I found it.

None of the shippers are perfect, but for the most part ALL of them are pretty darn reliable.

PCPhill

-------------------------------------------------- From: "Skywise" Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 11:06 PM Newsgroups: rec.models.rc.air Subject: Re: UPS idiocy

Reply to
PCPhill

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 08:26:20 -0500, "PCPhill" wrote in :

I use all the services. Different ones at different times for different purposes.

They all employ human beings, so they all seem to have the same potential for mistakes.

When I want to make sure that my packaging passes muster, I head for the UPS central office down on the east side of Buffalo. I've had nothing but happy times there.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Oh... That's a relief! When I read the first sentence I thought in fear that this is going to be one of those horror stories when UPS delivers only 1 channel out of 3.

Reply to
Andrey Tarasevich

Mr. Scott, You sound like a proud union member. I've had the displeasure of working with fools like you before. If the Postal Service experiences any delivery problems, it's more than likely because of dead weight like you that spend most of their time in the office filing grievances instead of actually performing your assigned duties. And you wonder why the Postal Service is losing money. Look in the mirror you loser.

Robert Scott wrote:

Reply to
VEGASFAN

You obviously missed the smiley emoticon in my post.

Your message is easily the most ignorant and offensive post I've read on this newsgroup in the many years I've been participating in it.

Nice work, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

You gave him way too much credit.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

He gave him way too much attention. I kill file rude obnoxious people like him. I was only venting a frustration. Didn't mean to start a flame war.

Reply to
Vance Howard

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 04:00:55 +0000 (UTC), Vance Howard wrote in :

This is Usenet. Flames happen. ;o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Oh, I did kill-file him.

Back on topic:

I ordered a new iCharger 106B+ from Progressive RC out in soggy Seattle. They ship by USPS Priority Mail, now billed as "two or three day service." The charger got here to the NY/VT border in two days and I was pleased. :-) My last Priority package from neighboring PA took four days.....

BTW-- the charger seems to be a fantastic value; a "best buy" kind of thing.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott