Wattage IC-15A ESC - Stanby current

Gentlemen,

Does anybody know what the current drain of Wattage IC-15A ESC is when turned off at the switch supplied?

I would like to know whether or not a significant amount of current is drained from the batteries when the ESC is switched off - if this is the case I'd have to disconnect the batteries.

Thanking you in advance

Regards

Jean Ward

Reply to
News Groups

I can't say for sure, but there is a microprocessor running in there, so I'd guess at quite a few mA. The switcj merely disables any other electronics like servos and receiver - not the ESC electronics.

I'd say it would not flatten a flightpack in hours, but it would in days. If that helps.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thank you, I'll extend the battery wire so the plug is easy to reach, otherwise I'd have to remove the aircraft wing to get to it everytime I've flown.

Reply to
News Groups

Just curious, but if you don't disconnect every time you fly, how do you charge?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher