Tower Hobbies .75 engine

Hello, I just started my .75 Tower Hobbies for the first time today. Very tight at first but loosed up, runs ok at 3/4 - full throttle but can't get it to idle. Looking in the instructions it sez to turn the idle mixture screw to attain a

1/8" gap it and the spray nozzle. Looking into the carburetor all i see is what looks like the spray bar going all the way to the other side of the carburetor. The idle mixture screw does nothing. Is something screwed up with this carburetor?I see no gap, just what looks like the spray bar(brass rod) going all the way to the othe side.. thanks for any help with this engine, i am not familiar with it...
Reply to
jeffm

Should have bought a GMS same engine but with a better Carb. $85.00 with the shipping.

Open the throttle wide open then back out the low end (idle) screw until you see a 1/8'' gap between the end of the spray bar and the end of the idle screw.

Reply to
O4U2P

Should idle fine once it's broken in.

Reply to
me

Reply to
Howard

thanks for responding to my post. Last night i took the carburetor completely apart and found that the brass bar is machined into the carburetor bowl. I took out the idle mixture screw and the i guess what's called the spray bar, they fit inside this brass bar that goes across the bowl. My OS engine, I see the gap between the spray bar and idle mixture screw, this is a weird carburetor, i can get it to run, but not very good, not good enough to fly yet. I don't see in my instructions on the engine who to contact for questions, do you happen to know? have you had to contact TH for you .60 engine? I'm glad yours is running well..I'm not so sure i'll get another one...

"Howard" wrote:

Reply to
jeffm

There was a review of the Tower .75 in the latest RC Report. May be helpful to you.

John VB

Reply to
jjvb