Tower Hobbies trainer question

I am new to this,but would really like to give it a try. A friend of mine gave me a Tower Hobbies trainer 60,but no instuction book and the ailerons that connect the wings flaps to the servo are broke because he bent them wrong and then tried to fix them.Other then that the plane is all put together,and its 2 years old.He ever give me a Futuba 6channel radio.He don't have anytime to mess with it anymore,but I do. I looked at Tower Hobbies website,but I could'nt find anything,I am not sure of the length either. So if any of you can point me in the right direction or let me know if there is something else I can use in plce of the ailerons,I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Reply to
bonkers

The right direction will be your local hobby shop and R/C club. Visit the LHS first to find out where the club is, then let the club tell you if the shop is any good or not.

You can also visit the Academy of Model Aeronautics at "

" for the location of AMA-chartered clubs in your area.

With a fuel-powered plane that size, you WILL need an instructor to help you learn to fly without crashing many times. Your local club will have instructor pilots who will be happy to help you learn. They also usually represent many collective years of modeling experience. and will be glad to share their knowlege.

Good luck, and welcome to R/C!

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

I assume you mean there were torque rods from the center of the wing out to each aileron. And he broke these metal rods. To replace them, you would need to remove the ailerons and the wood holding the rods in place. It might be easier to mount a servo in each wing to control each aileron. You would have to cut away the covering about mid aileron, build a little box for the aileron and run the wire through the wing to the center. Someone may have some pics that would help.

John VB

Reply to
jjvb

============= If you're in the US, I suggest using the AMA web site to find a local club.

Find the flying field and take everything there. Someone there, probably several of them, will gladly look over what you have and help make a list of the things you need to get it ready to go. Ask as many 'new guy' questions as necessary. They can also help with terminology. The ailerons are the wooden strips that run almost the length of the wing trailing edge (what I think you referred to as wing flaps are the ailerons, as the trainer does not have flaps). What I think you called 'ailerons' are the two wire pushrods that connect the ailerons to the servo.

For these, you buy pushrods that are longer than you need and cut off the excess. Something like these are probably what it will take; you could possibly need them a little longer, but, I doubt it based on the ones on my Great Planes trainer.

I dug around the Tower site and found the manual online:

Carrell

Doesn't Tower have some of the plane manuals on line?

David

b> I am new to this,but would really like to give it a try.

Reply to
quietguy

Great Planes' manuals are mostly available in .pdf format.

Not Tower. Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust home.mindspring.com/~the-plumber

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Here is the manual.

Find your local hobby shop and club!!

Earle

Reply to
earle

Hhhmmmm . . .

Didn't realize he had the MK II ARF . . . Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust home.mindspring.com/~the-plumber

Reply to
Fred McClellan