Which model is this?

Or is it a model??:

Joe D.

It's full size homebuilt aircraft. Pober Pixie...it says that on the website.

What info did you really want?

Don

Don Hatten

photograph is a model. but the eaa pixie is a fullsize homebuilt regards sammy

"Joe D." schreef in bericht news:EzURc.5620$oA5.2041@okepread05...

sammy

It definatley looked "photoshopped".

Jim W

Black Cloud

The picture is a model. Would you spend $22.000 for a kit built full size plane they cannot even take a picture of ? rick markel

Reply to
Aileron37

I sent the guy an e-mail and asked him why he was using a model to represent a full size plane he has for sale. Here is his response -

"That is a full sized plane with a 6'4" pilot flying it, REALLY."

He sent some additional photos, most of which still looked like a model. There was one close-up though, that was pretty convincing. It showed a pilot sitting in the cockpit. You can see the flying wires, the cable clamps on the flying wires, the control clevises, etc. If it is a model, it is a darned nice one, and if the pilot sitting in the cockpit was Photoshopped, he did a darned good job of it.

Alan

Reply to
Alan and Sammie

Hey guys, e-Mail me the pic link, if you can. Thanks! Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

The guy is yanking your chain and you even have to wonder if he's running some kind of scam to get a down payment and then disappear with the money. Look at the size of the blades of grass in the photo compared to the airplane as well as the perspective between the wing, the ground, and the view from the camera. You can tell that the camera is being held only about a foot or so above the ground, yet, you can see that the camera height is clearly ABOVE the height above ground where the gear meets the fuse which you can see is obviously higher than the height of the camera above ground. Also, if this "aircraft" has been checked off as flightworthy be an examiner, then why no mandatory "Experimental" marking anywhere?.. or even an N number? And if that's a real Pixie, then the tree directly behind it (based on perspective) must be around 500 feet tall. That airplane is probably about a 60" to 72" wingspan model.

MJC

"Alan and Sammie" wrote in message news:bVaSc.1458$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
MJC

I sent him an email about the N number yesterday. Asked for more pictures too.

Awaiting an answer.

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

MK

L-wing tip forward along where grass meets tree line - follow this line and a

90 degree corner is visible where grass fails to match-up and drops off at a sharp 90 degree then continues on...don't know if that indicates anything or not,other things don't look right, like spinner looks like its got a blue plastic back as a model has....
Reply to
john hebert

Good eye, John. I was concentrating mostly on the aircraft itself and saw lot's of things that indicate that it is, in fact, a model. Now that you point out that area, that's really obvious too. That's some pretty sloppy "PhotoShopping" there. I still maintain that since the guy offering the "aircraft" continues to assert that it's a real aircraft with a 6'4" pilot sitting in it, he's working some kind of scam trying to get someone to send a "reserve" payment and then he'll disappear.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Also the scale kit(full scale) has lots of rivets visible on sheet metal parts forward and on wind shield frame, no visible rivets on airplane picture in question. The elevators on a small plane(full scale) often droop down while on the ground not running or are held up or down, somewhere, by the pilot, other than exactly even with tail plane,as it is shown w/pilot, but the elevators are exactly even with tail-plane in the picture,on RC a servo holds elevators where last put...they seldom droop(RC),but stay put...seems like most RC pilots center/neutral control surfaces post flight cuz most rx-sticks are spring loaded back to center...who knows...who cares......(we do!)

Reply to
john hebert

For the heck of it, I saved the jpg to my hard drive, converted it to a bmp, then viewed it with Paint at 400%..... the line between the grass and the trees from the left wingtip is straight - only a couple of deviations - clear past the nose of the plane. Further right, one can see the normal tree/grass blend !

Also, the grass pixelation shows that it is indeed a model.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

other pictures available?