Ya out there Red?

Not necessarily. They can be radically different.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I can only say that just about every statement you made is false in this post.

nfly3 wrote:

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Of course not. I have one, it has a current meter on it, it behaves nothing like that.

I have also spent a large party of my life designing non linear and linear electronic equipment and programming digital equipment.

Ther is no point however in citing my academic background, qualifications and experience in electrical and electronic engineering, because people who think they are right don't listen.

Hey, the earth is round, ever hear that? Nah. YOU KNOW its flat or we would all fall off. Stands to reason dunnit?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thats but one way to skin the cat, and you know it. Or - horrifying thought, pehaps you really DON'T know it?

Remind me never ever to buy one then.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

you do spout some crap so the astro pulses the current but it the same CC then CV

Reply to
funfly3

No, they can't. They have to obey the CC/CV charging rules. They may do other things above and beyond that, but the simple fact is, that's how they charge. What other methods have you used? What other methods do the cell manufacturers recommend?

Jim

Reply to
James Beck

I ask you again, What other method is there? Even "pulse" charging is just CC/CV when it is averaged. You got the big brain on today. Wow us with your electronics wisdom.

I have literally millions of my products all around the world. What do you have?

Jim

Reply to
James Beck

apart from delusions of grandeur that is you're fighting a loosing battle he wont admit he's wrong and he will swear black is blue until the cows come home but he wont be able to back up any claims on this one

Reply to
funfly3

The funny thing is, he has probably been flying my products for years and doesn't even know it.

Jim

Reply to
James Beck

No CV at all.

Only CC.

When it detects the correct voltage, it just stops. As do many other chargers.

Ive seen it go up to around 12.9v on a 3s pack..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Wrong.

They don't. All they have to do is never exceed a safe current, or a final safe resting voltage. CC/CV is but one way to achieve that.

No it isn't. Not all of them.

The Astro for one, and a simple CC and stop at a given voltage.

All of the above are fine, and recommended.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I am sure the world is really flat, when averaged.

So you don't need low gears at all do you?

Get real

And stop weaseling.

You wouldn't believe it if I told you.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Jim

Been staring into the mirror and projecting your won fanatasies on the rest of the world again? Wake up. The real world is more complicated than you can ever imagine.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I doubt it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Which products out there have you designed? (Specifically battery chargers, but if there's anything else you think is relevant, feel free to mention them.)

Please be specific. Give models and names, and any specific circumstances. (Something along the level of completeness as `I designed about 50% of the Astroflight 109 charger, which has sold 69 units so far!' would be ideal.)

As for claims that LiPos can only be charged with a CC/CV system, the fact that there *are* chargers out there that specifically don't do this would suggest that this isn't the case, but so be it ...

Reply to
Doug McLaren

1, name one 2, name a cell manufacturer that does not specify cc cv pulsed or other wise method
Reply to
funfly3

just put a scope on your astro as its charging and see what it does voltage wise then shut up you are renowned for making the simple things sound complicated

Reply to
funfly3

Actually I have mail that says exactly the opposite, time and time again.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've been reading this thread a little reluctantly, sort of the way one feels one ought NOT to stare at the auto accident by the roadside, but can't help looking.

Seems to me we have:

  1. Doug: cites specific evidence of non-constant current and non-constant voltage regimes in at least one charger. Tends to bait the person he's arguing with.
  2. Jim: claims that all chargers are CV/CC, and must be by the nature of physics. Includes "pulsed" as an example of "constant". Needs to use the comma key more often. Makes claims without substantiation.

I don't know much about chargers -- only what I've read in The Art of Electronics, and little I've picked up here and there -- but I *do* know enough mathematics to be pretty certain that a square wave, except for duty-cycles of 0% and 100%, isn't a constant. Perhaps you can treat it as constant at certain time-scales (maybe 1/10th of the pulse- or gap-width?) for the sake of some analyses, but even then, you'd also want to look closely at the transition points for part of the analysis.

Anyhow, carry on. I'll keep rubbernecking and feeling slightly queasy from it...

--John

Reply to
John F. Hughes

do this once or admit your wrong

1,prove by posting a link to a website that any Lipo charger puts exactly the same current at the end of the charge that it put in at the start of the charge proving your CC only method 2,post a link to any non cc/cv charger for Lipo's or any makers website that states its not CC/CV
Reply to
funfly3