Array lisp

I have to array a line in a circle 365 times with different angular degrees on each line is a lisp possible or can the data be transfered from excel and the lines be drawn with the preset of each degrees in the cells.

Or i have to rotate and copy each one of them with their respective values.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Best

Robert

Reply to
Robert

I have to array a line in a circle 365 times with different angular degrees on each line is a lisp possible or can the data be transfered from excel and the lines be drawn with the preset of each degrees in the cells.

Or i have to rotate and copy each one of them with their respective values.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Best

Robert

Reply to
Robert

What does "different" mean? A polar array has a repeating angular difference between successive lines.

A lisp is always possible for this sort of thing, and using data from a spreadsheet is also possible, but both require fairly advanced customization skills. If you're doing it once or twice, doing it manually is probably faster.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Different is for degrees between each line is different therefore lines are not equal distance between each other.

Just tough that Mike would have one lisp that can be adapted with different values.

O well i tried ;-)

Indeed it's a one timer 365 copies and rotate to do omg

Thanks Mike

Regards

A lisp is always possible for this sort of thing, and using data from a spreadsheet is also possible, but both require fairly advanced customization skills. If you're doing it once or twice, doing it manually is probably faster.

Reply to
Robert

yes, but darn it,* now I'm curious.* "array a line in a circle" puzzles me.

365 RADIAL lines? (I know he didn't say that) what kind of data does this represent. is it ONLY the angles that vary?

I'm thinking there might be some drafting technique other than the array command. else, is there some logical or mathmatical relationship between theses lines?

????

Reply to
roy

A solar chart for Santa? What you need is some elves.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Michael Bulatovich wrote: What does "different" mean? A polar array has a repeating angular difference between successive lines.

A lisp is always possible for this sort of thing, and using data from a spreadsheet is also possible, but both require fairly advanced customization skills. If you're doing it once or twice, doing it manually is probably faster. yes, but darn it, now I'm curious. "array a line in a circle" puzzles me. 365 RADIAL lines? (I know he didn't say that) what kind of data does this represent. is it ONLY the angles that vary?

I'm thinking there might be some drafting technique other than the array command. else, is there some logical or mathmatical relationship between theses lines?

????

Reply to
Robert

Stargazers with telescopes?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

good answers always beg more questions.

  1. multiple dates from single location 2. multiple locations, single date 3. multiple locations, multiple dates

???

does 365 imply a daily update of the chart? I went to

get a better feel for "planisphere".

do you already have a star chart you merely with to rotate and copy? or am I missing the point again....

Reply to
roy

good answers always beg more questions.

  1. multiple dates from single location 2. multiple locations, single date 3. multiple locations, multiple dates

???

does 365 imply a daily update of the chart? I went to

to get a better feel for "planisphere".

do you already have a star chart you merely with to rotate and copy? or am I missing the point again....

Reply to
Robert

I had a friend once, worked for an airplane MFG as a physicist. He was working on a new paint that could be used to analize stress on metal parts. But he had information in ASCII format he wanted to "GET INTO" autocad.

that was fun. just read the point info and draw the lines.

if your data can be organized in a spread sheet, you can manage the data there. parse the prefixes - distill the relevent data.

write the spreadsheet out to ASCII.txt and have autocad read the ASCII file. draw the lines. if you need text too, the method would be similar.

in any event, thanks for the problem to mull over. hope you have your work done already. but if you are going to be doing this MORE THAN ONCE, it might be worthwhile to refine the process.

cheers.

roy

Reply to
roy