Array lisp

I have to array a line in a circle 365 times with different angular degrees on each line is a lisp possible or can the data be transfered from excel and the lines be drawn with the preset of each degrees in the cells.

Or i have to rotate and copy each one of them with their respective values.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Best
Robert
I have to array a line in a circle 365 times with different angular degrees on each line is a lisp possible or can the data be transfered from excel and the lines be drawn with the preset of each degrees in the cells.
Or i have to rotate and copy each one of them with their respective values.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Best
Robert
What does "different" mean? A polar array has a repeating angular difference between successive lines.
A lisp is always possible for this sort of thing, and using data from a spreadsheet is also possible, but both require fairly advanced customization skills. If you're doing it once or twice, doing it manually is probably faster.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070703070601000607090303 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

yes, but darn it,* now I'm curious.* "array a line in a circle" puzzles me. 365 RADIAL lines? (I know he didn't say that) what kind of data does this represent. is it ONLY the angles that vary?
I'm thinking there might be some drafting technique other than the array command. else, is there some logical or mathmatical relationship between theses lines?
????
--------------070703070601000607090303 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
<pre wrap=""><font face="Arial">What does "different" mean? A polar array has a repeating angular difference between successive lines.
--------------070703070601000607090303--
For your curiosity.
Yes the array is for radial lines with preset and different angles. To achieve a planisphere for star gazers. Lines are for the true sun scale for the year 2007.
between successive lines.
A lisp is always possible for this sort of thing, and using data from a spreadsheet is also possible, but both require fairly advanced customization skills. If you're doing it once or twice, doing it manually is probably faster. </FONT></PRE></BLOCKQUOTE>yes, but darn it,<B> now I'm curious.</B><BR>"array a line in a circle" puzzles me.<BR>365 RADIAL lines?&nbsp; (I know he didn't say that)<BR>what kind of data does this represent.<BR>is it ONLY the angles that vary?<BR><BR>I'm thinking there might be some drafting technique other than the array command.<BR>else, is there some logical or mathmatical relationship between theses lines?<BR><BR>????<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Stargazers with telescopes?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
Robert wrote:

good answers always beg more questions.
1. multiple dates from single location 2. multiple locations, single date 3. multiple locations, multiple dates
???
does 365 imply a daily update of the chart? I went to http://www.washjeff.edu/physics/plan.html to get a better feel for "planisphere".
do you already have a star chart you merely with to rotate and copy? or am I missing the point again....
Unfortunatly i dont have all the awnsers since i will not be the user of the chart.
From what i was ask to achieve i only know that the user needs more accuracy and that the chart is compose of four wheels ( one for hours , one for dates, one for months, one for angles, and that the true sun position is adjacent and part of the dates with preset lines with different angles for each day of the year.)
A set of angles was provided for each day of the year and the angles has a 5 digits precision.
Arraying lines with equal angles is a piece of cake with cad but when you have to array them with a prefix and different angle for each one of them is completely another ball game.
Best
Robert
wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; For your curiosity.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; <BR>&gt; Yes the array is for radial lines with preset and different angles.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; To achieve a planisphere for star gazers. Lines are for the true sun <BR>&gt; scale for the year 2007.<BR>&gt;<BR>good answers always beg more questions.<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. multiple dates from single location<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. multiple locations, single date<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. multiple locations, multiple dates<BR><BR>???<BR><BR>does 365 imply a daily update of the chart?<BR>I went to<BR><A href="http://www.washjeff.edu/physics/plan.html ">http://www.washjeff.edu/physics/plan.html </A><BR>to get a better feel for "planisphere".<BR><BR>do you already have a star chart you merely with to rotate and copy?<BR>or am I missing the point again....<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Robert wrote:

I had a friend once, worked for an airplane MFG as a physicist. He was working on a new paint that could be used to analize stress on metal parts. But he had information in ASCII format he wanted to "GET INTO" autocad.
that was fun. just read the point info and draw the lines.
if your data can be organized in a spread sheet, you can manage the data there. parse the prefixes - distill the relevent data.
write the spreadsheet out to ASCII.txt and have autocad read the ASCII file. draw the lines. if you need text too, the method would be similar.
in any event, thanks for the problem to mull over. hope you have your work done already. but if you are going to be doing this MORE THAN ONCE, it might be worthwhile to refine the process.
cheers.
roy