Freeware archiver compresses a folder with 61.3 MB of DWG files down to 4.67 MB

Hi everyone,

I just compressed a folder with 61.3 MB of DWG files down to 4.67 MB with the freeware archiver "7zip"

I used the "maximum" compression setting for the .7z format, but there was still an ultra setting that can compress the files even further.

I just wanted to pass this along to the group because it really seems to be a good way to send large DWG files via email, or to help save space when doing backups.

John

Reply to
John2005

I also use 7-zip I find it far superior to WinZip and it also decompresses rar, tar, cab and several other types of file compression.

Reply to
Chuck Fluri