repair MB for CNC control computer

My CNC control computer quit for the umpteenth time due to CPU overheat...

The little plastic tabs that hold the cooling fan to the CPU keep breaking off. I found a way to clamp the cooling fan back on when the first and second one broke. Friday the third one went. Spent most of the day Saturday getting a backup computer running. But, I should get this repaired.

OK, its a SOYO SY-P4I84PE ISA motherboard. Here's a link that shows a picture of it:

Note, I can get a used one on eBay for only $495 or a new one for $1295. guess they won't give ISA slot motherboards away. I just need the little plastic base that goes around the slot 478 CPU and the clamp levers (lost one). This has GOT to be a part used on other motherboards. Anyone know computers well enough to know what scrap MB to look for?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Karl Townsend wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Intel Socket 478? Get a coplete aftermarket fan assembly. If it doesn't come with the mounting base, get

Reply to
Ian Malcolm

Could you use an aftermarket gamer cooler? Amazon shows several under $10, or you could spring for a "Scythe Ninja" for $60.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

BINGO, that's the base. Now i just need to find the stupid little clamp I lost.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Search Google/ google shopping for "Socket 478 Pentium 4 CPU Fans and Heatsinks"

Reply to
L Fisk

Most of these things are just to make assembly faster, like snap-in. In general, a bolt washer and nut will do the job in most cases.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson