Reapir MB Mike Terrell

I have two mother boards with ISA slots that will no longer boot.

I have a five year old note inside the box from Mike Terrell that the caps would likley fail and he could replace them.

Mike, are you still around and able to do this?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Unless you are pretty sure the caps are bad ie bludging, leaking probably not worth the effort to fix Legacy motherboards are still available at fairly decent prices

L Fisk

I have bought cap kits from this place but they do offer repair services as well.

Steve W.

I think Mike is my only shot here. If he's not well enough to do it, I'm in the ISA computer build market.

Getting my control software running on another computer is a HUGE job.

Anybody heard from him in a while? I haven't been on RCM but a few times sense last fall.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Or you could learn to solder.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Don Foreman tried. He said i was the first he couldn't teach.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Mike poked his nose in here last March or so. Health woes and such had been keeping him occupied...

Don't know if this will work, but some possible info/links:

"Michael A. Terrell"

Skype: michael.a.terrell

Reply to
Leon Fisk

What's Facebook?

Oh ya, that place where you post all your life's info and then stay busy trying to keep everyone in the world from seeing it ;-)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Karl any decent electronics shop can do an easy job like replacing caps ask around. The ham radio guys will know someone or maybe one of them would help you out. Checked and there are ISA motherboards on ebay

Reply to
Larry Fisk

I've arrived on facebook a few times through search engines, but I don't know how to use it.

Reply to
mogulah

Karl, I can't even get into my shop right now. I do have a few good motherboards with ISA slots. You are welcome to a couple for the cost of shipping.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What brand and model of board?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sorry to hear you can't get around.

To answer your other question

I guess I could buy a new one for only $1700

Just any old ISA MB won't do. Need P4 speed, both PCI and ISA slots. Not sure on the graphics spec but would need to support a grahics card most likely.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I think I'll just send the boards here.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I've been lightly in contact with him on Facebook this week, so he's still kickin'.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Not 24 hours a day. :)

I am still having a lot of trouble sleeping but at least I've stopped waking up, screaming in pain. I was also having muscle spasms so bad that they left me hanging onto the edge of the bed to keep from hitting the floor. I had to file a complaint against my VA doctor with Richard Nugent, to get into Wound Care. I also had a yelling match with my primary care physician about handicap parking. She would give me a six month, temporary, but not the permanent four year permit. I lost it, when the moron told me, "You're only 62, you might get better some day."

I was finally released from Wound Care last month, but I still need to do some healing.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not on 12 to 16 layer motherboards.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I started using it to stay in touch with people who gave up on newsgroups. I also tracked down several people I served with, in the US Army.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell