Site Plan (autocad 2004)

Was wondering if anyone can help me draw two arcs (curves) in AutoCAD

2004. Here is the information I have for the first curve Radius=1103.75' Length=155.38' Chord=155.25' Bearing=n85d15'34" w. The second curve is radius=30.00' length 46.84' chord 42.23' bearing n44d33'40" w. I am sure you can tell I am a novice. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply to
tomwesnick

Well, here's how I'd do it:

Draw a circle (C1) of the specified radius. Draw another circle (C2) with its centrepoint on a quadrant of the first circle and radius equal to the specified chord length. Draw a line from the centre of circle C2 to one of the points at which it intersects circle C1. This is the chord. Delete circle C2 and trim circle C1 to the chord.

I haven't use degrees minutes and seconds in a long, long time - but I think these are arcminutes and arcseconds measured counterclockwise from north. If so, for each bearing, draw a vertical line and rotate it by it's southernmost handle through 85.259 & 44.561 degrees respectively. You should be able to figure out how to align the chords with these bearings.

Reply to
strawberry

Here's another way: Draw a line with a length of 115.38' with the bearing noted.

You'd type: line (Enter) pick first point for second point, type this: @155.38

Reply to
Karen

That's a much better way! In fact, using this principle you can make it even simpler:

a e @155.38

Reply to
strawberry

Thank-you! Great Help