Site Plan (autocad 2004)

Was wondering if anyone can help me draw two arcs (curves) in AutoCAD 2004. Here is the information I have for the first curve
Radius03.75' Length5.38' Chord5.25' Bearing=n85d15'34" w. The second curve is radius0.00' length 46.84' chord 42.23' bearing n44d33'40" w. I am sure you can tell I am a novice. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks
On 23 Jan, 22:13, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Well, here's how I'd do it:
Draw a circle (C1) of the specified radius. Draw another circle (C2) with its centrepoint on a quadrant of the first circle and radius equal to the specified chord length. Draw a line from the centre of circle C2 to one of the points at which it intersects circle C1. This is the chord. Delete circle C2 and trim circle C1 to the chord.
I haven't use degrees minutes and seconds in a long, long time - but I think these are arcminutes and arcseconds measured counterclockwise from north. If so, for each bearing, draw a vertical line and rotate it by it's southernmost handle through 85.259 & 44.561 degrees respectively. You should be able to figure out how to align the chords with these bearings.
strawberry wrote:

Here's another way: Draw a line with a length of 115.38' with the bearing noted.
You'd type: line (Enter) pick first point for second point, type this: @155.38<n85d15'34"w then hit enter. Then, draw a circle at each end with a radius of 1103.75'. Where these two circles intersect, draw a third circle with the same radius. Erase the first two and trim the third using your original line at the cutting edge. You'll have to look at what you are replicating to make sure which side of the line to trim on. I like to use polar coordinates, especially with civil engineering situations. In the line n85d15'34"w, it's read as North 85 degrees, 15 minutes, 34 seconds west. Hope this helps.

That's a much better way! In fact, using this principle you can make it even simpler:
a <click on screen> e @155.38<n85d15'34"w r 1103.75
Thank-you! Great Help