Autocad Architectural 2008 - how to switch units from imperial to metric?

I try to use Architectural 2008 - setting up my "workspace" but im getting problems with software units. I have chosen Metric to use centimetres but for some reason it works on inches. Where to set up units for all software?

Thnx in advance,

Reply to
Boomcha

What unit of measure did you select during installation?

Reply to
George P

Metric. But somehow got sweatched to inches.

But its ok i have found how to fix it. Lower left corner rounded icon. Press it left mouse button - rolled out menu -> Drawing Setup -> Drawing Units

Thnx for answer

U¿ytkownik "George P" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:4611801d$0$17132$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

Reply to
Boomcha

The "official" way to set your workspace to metric is by changing your profile to the default Architectural Desktop - Metric profile that is provided. To do this (for ADT 2007 - I haven't received Architectural 08 yet): 1.. Go to Format > Options. 2.. Click the Profiles tab. 3.. Highlight Architectural Desktop - Metric and click Set Current. 4.. Click OK. Start a new drawing. The units will be metric and so will your tools (such as the AEC dimensions).

You can set an ADT shortcut to open with the Metric profile by default. To do this:

1.. Right click on your ADT shortcut and select Create Shortcut. 2.. Select the new shortcut and rename it to Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 (Metric). 3.. Right click the new shortcut and select Properties. 4.. In the Target field, change the entry to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007\AecBase50.dbx" /p "Architectural Desktop - Metric" 5.. Click OK.
Reply to
George P

Thank You very much!

BTW...what does "AEC" stands for?

U¿ytkownik "George P" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:461272c6$0$17177$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

Reply to
Boomcha

Architecture, engineering & construction

Reply to
George P