autodesk inventor 2008 - slow trim command

hello, I'm using autodesk inventor 2008 creating large 15 course 7 ft masonary opening Jack arches at work. when I go to trim lines, the
command is so slow it's unbearable. On the smaller 4 or 6 course arches no problem, but when it comes to these large arches lots of problems. Is this just a bug in the program? I doubt it is my computer it is pretty new with a high end video card and lots of ram. . Any help appreciated
Thanks!

I think I have a RAM issue. 2008 asks for 3 gig of ram I only have 2. I'll see if this is the problem