Best alternative to VB Script

Hi All,
I am a newbie to VBScript. I have a script that copies files from remote server to local drive and then bulk inserts the data into database by parsing the local file.
Sometimes the data contains garbage characters so bulk insert fails and i have to manually edit the contents and re run the script. Is there any tool or the language through which i can automate the manual process of error detection and correction mentioned above?
Thanks in advance! -Ashutosh.
Its up to you to clean your data and perhaps your not as skilled as doing so requires. Regardless, you want to learn about Microsoft's PowerShell. VBScript is and will remain the preferred scriping language for system administration. PowerShell is the latest incarnation and is looking real good these days...
<%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com / MAP http://wikimapia.org/#yC038073&x=-88043838&z &l=0&m=h