scaling line widths for plotter

I'm a beginner using Autodesk Autocad 2005. I have a metric model which has line widths of 2.00 mm and I want to plot this to my Brother HL-1440 laser printer in two different formats:

  1. with the total drawing dimensions and linewidths scaled to fit an
8.5"x11" page.
  1. Actual size, with the line widths printing out at 2.00mm and the model extending off the page, if necessary.

So far the only plot I've been able to produce is the entire model reduced to fit the 8.5"x11" page but the line widths at 2.00mm- not scaled in proportion to the drawing.

TIA for your help.

Reply to
Dan.Milliken

Jerry G

If I recall correctly the HL-1440 is a 300 dpi printer with resolution enhancement to 600 dpi. This will cause a problem with the thinnest lines being either omitted entirely or being grossly exaggerated in width. However, this does not appear to be your problem. Check your LTSCALE in model space and PSLTSCALE in paper space. That may be the route to a solution, but I couldn't swear to it. Generally plotting to

8.5x11 of draw> I've tried from both with no luck.
Reply to
Jerry G