Column Slenderness - Please Reply

Following my earlier postings I have detected more than 1450 hits on the column slenderness page of my web site, so I assume there is some interest
here, but alas only a handful of people (thank you to them) have expressed an opinion on the subject. Please don't be shy, your responses are vital if we are to see any improvement in BS5950. You may email me direct if you do not wish to debate this thing publicly.
Regards
Martin Double CADOSS
Email: snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com Web Site: http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss
How about you BS449 die hards? It would be in your interests to show-up Limit State Design for what it is. After all this kind of problem is not so critical with Permissible Stress Design, and does not exist at all while BS449 slenderness limits apply.
How's that for a can of worms!
Email: snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com Web Site: http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss

The heck with all this slenderness crap....just build it out of rebar and concrete
:-)
But not to skinny.

Martin
Don't you mean the new Eupr Code ;0)
Alan (Cadalot) I was once long and slender, now at 45 I'm short and dumpy!
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:20:19 +0000 (UTC), "Martin"