column buckling problems

I am student, trying to design support pillars for a die casting die. The moving half of the die is mounted on the machine platen and these pillars provide support for the die when huge clamp load is applied by the machine on the dies. Any suggestion on how to approxiamte the induvidual loads on each columns (Pillars) so that I can treat each pillar induvidually as a column buckling problem.

Reply to
karthik.3

Are not the dies set posts only loaded (vertically, at least) through the friction of the bearings / bushings?

Doesn't seem like a buckling problem...........................

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207