intermediate dynamics lagrangian

Dear sci.engr.mech,
I never took an intermediate dynamics course. Can someone point me to a
good textbook that fully explains the Lagrangian and Hamiltonian
formulations of a discrete system, along with all of the Calculus from
their derivations? (e.g. I don't want just the formulas to derive the
equations of motion given T, V, damping, external forces, and
generalized coordinates - I have that already)
Is there a better usenet group in which to ask this question?
Thank you for your expertise,
Reply to
Chris Chiasson

Site Timeline