Plastic Bending/Shear Analysis of Stud

Hi
Can anyone tell me from where can I get useful analysis method for
"Plastic Bending/Shear Analysis of Stud"
Regards
Rehan
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Aeronautic Structures Manual
NASA TM X-73305
<http://www-glast.slac.stanford.edu/MechanicalSystems/Analysis/References/NASA/NASA%20Design%20Manual/asm-A000.htm
rehanjamshed wrote:

A stud as in a threaded rod? Do you really need to use plastic bending? That means it really can't see the max load more than once.
See scetion B4.5 on this page for plastic bending. http://trs.nis.nasa.gov/archive/00000254 /
In fact the bolt has a little clearance from a surrounding hole. Problem is to find maximum clearance within which plastic failure of bolt will not occur