Plastic Bending/Shear Analysis of Stud

Hi

Can anyone tell me from where can I get useful analysis method for

"Plastic Bending/Shear Analysis of Stud"

Regards

Rehan

Reply to
rehanjamshed

Aeronautic Structures Manual

NASA TM X-73305

Reply to
oconnell

A stud as in a threaded rod? Do you really need to use plastic bending? That means it really can't see the max load more than once.

See scetion B4.5 on this page for plastic bending.

Jeff Finlayson

In fact the bolt has a little clearance from a surrounding hole. Problem is to find maximum clearance within which plastic failure of bolt will not occur

Reply to
rehanjamshed