Drawing Register or Catalog or Library

Does Autocad have some facility within the package or as an Autodesk
or 3rd party add-on which will allow a manager to keep track of
drawings, with status, description, drawing numbers, etc. as the
fields of data which are sortable, trackable, etc?
Reply to
Happy Trails
I don't know of anything within Autocad itself, but Autodesk probably have something. Have a look at their website. Also, have a look at
I've never used it - but I know at least one large firm that does.
Reply to
strawberry
Don't see why....
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
This group ain't what it used to be, Trails.
Always worked for me.
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Shoulda used a schmiley then!
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Is this the wrong forum in which to be asking about this?
Reply to
Happy Trails
You mean "Laugh Now?"
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Chicago I think. Never been to a comedy club, other than the big spinning one I live on.
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
I had already looked at Autodesk's web site, and done various searches on the wwweb long before I posted this question.
I had seen the Archetype sw/website already, and determined that it is NOT at all oriented toward use for mechanical drawings, but rather architects, hence the name. It MAY work, with limitations for what I want, but is a really serious compromise for our situation.
I have seen a few drawing register implementations for specific companies, mostly civil construction companies, for in-house packages thrown together to suit their specific needs, but nothing generic for mechanical manufacturing applications.
I appreciate your attempt to help me out here, Straw, but I am really appalled at the lack of any worthwhile response from a group thought to be as "on-the-ball" with drafting solutions such as this.
I guess, even though we are closing down 2007 here, it's just like it always has been - if you want something that works for you, build it yourself !
Reply to
Happy Trails
You seem to have ignored the obvious deeply sarcastic tone of my question, hahaha.
Reply to
Happy Trails
Now that's funny!
I ask if (alt.cad.autocad,comp.cad.autocad) is the correct forum to ask a straightforward Autocad question, and you need a smiley to tell I am being sarcastic?
I suppose when you take in a show at the Firehall you need someone to hold up those "LAFF NOW" signs for you, eh, hahahahahaha?
Reply to
Happy Trails
When did they correct their signs? (Did that crowd start out in Toronto or Chicago?)
Reply to
Happy Trails
Autodesk Vault
Autodesk Productstream