Floor Plans

No, these guys are full of baloney. You need the full Architectural Desktop 2006. It will only set you back about $4,000. Then you also need the
Autodesk Land Surveying package, plus 3D Studio so you can work in 3D. The total cost should be only around $12,000. Plus, you'll need to upgrade every time AutoDesk rolls out a new release--in other words, every year. With all three packages, it should be a paltry $1,500 or so annually to keep your licenses up to date. Of course, you're going to need a top-of-the-line computer to run all this--the latest AutoDesk products require a minimum of one gig of memory. Shouldn't cost you more than $3,000. You'll need a plotter too, to output full-size drawings. HP makes a nice one for about $20,000. Then you'll need to take classes in order to use all these incredibly and unnecessarily complex tools. Plan on taking a year off from work to get all your skills up to snuff.
Or you could stick to graph paper.
:) Marc

er, right - very helpful.
Marc Clamage wrote:

<snip />
He had me ROFL.
<%= Clinton Gallagher METROmilwaukee (sm) "A Regional Information Service" NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://metromilwaukee.com / URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com /
There are quite a few good choices. One that I think you might like (specially the price) is Qcad. Do a Google search. It is a free download. Quite good.

Solid Edge have done a free 2D package in the past, I have a copy

Scott, Try doing a search for ProgeCAD LT 2006 - it was free when I got it earlier, but it may have changed to a cost option by now.
It does everything that I need, including having the ability to take in full AutoCAD drawings.
Good luck Steve
Yes, I agree and highly recommend it. A bit more complicated to learn than my previous suggestion of Qcad but far more powerful also. It was still available for download as of a few days ago.

earlier,
full
Give IntelliCAD a try. It's cheaper than AutoCAD and does mostly what AutoCAD will do. Marc