I need to design boxes ( eg toothpaste box and all graphic and logos as well as words)

I have not explained well.
what kind of software that will design the box ( toothpaste) after I have designed the logo. these logo can "melt" into the surface of
"toothpastebox".
I have collected a few toothpaste. Expand it and I want to learn how to design it.

Google is your friend. Type in 'Box Designer'
Bill

Bill <wehigdon at earthlink dot net> wrote in message

have
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:18:04 +0800, in alt.cad.autocad,"Mylinux"

Hi. Check out the below links for some professional (and all free) options. Wings is supposed to be a good modeller, while Art of Illusion can do that too, and just about anything any renderer on the market can do. (Look for a guy named Nate's sample award-winning images done with it.) For a small example, it has HDRI, image mapping (such as for adding, or as you say; "melting" textures and images onto surfaces), procedural texturing, photon-mapping and cautics for high photorealism, and also does high-end animation. It may also support a 2D-cad DXF file import feature soon! I use it myself, and invite you to its forum at Sourceforge (link below), where you'll find that and much much more in the way of fine free open source software solutions.
Richard
-- OPENSOURCE/FREE CAD/3D/GIS/ETC. SOLUTIONS/INFO: .Why Software Should Not Have Owners: www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-free.html .Brl CAD http://ftp.arl.mil/brlcad .Q CAD www.qcad.org/index.php3 .FreeCAD www.askoh.com/freecad .Varkon CAD www.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/help/varkon/man.htm .Art Of Illusion http://aoi.sourceforge.net .Blender www.blender.org .Wings www.wings3d.org .Persistence of Vision www.povray.org .Grass GIS http://grass.itc.it .Info www.opensource.org .Repository www.sourceforge.net .3d File Converter http://home.europa.com/~keithr

First impression when you said "design boxes" I thought architect.

Box design strats with de die-line of the outline then when the drawing is imported and opened with illustrator you can place the logos, images etc in the area
Regards
Rob

have