I need to design boxes ( eg toothpaste box and all graphic and logos as well as words)

I have not explained well.
what kind of software that will design the box ( toothpaste) after I have
designed the logo. these logo can "melt" into the surface of
"toothpastebox".
I have collected a few toothpaste. Expand it and I want to learn how to
design it.
Reply to
Mylinux
Google is your friend. Type in 'Box Designer'
Bill
Reply to
Bill
all of them are jobs description. NOT find. The reason that I post here is that may be autocad is good choice. But I do not have the money to buy autocad.
Reply to
Mylinux
Sorry to be so terse, but if you cannot get AutoCAD, then why are you asking about it for this (or any) purpose?
I did something similar with AutoCAD. I tore apart some cigarette boxes, input the information in AutoCAD, then plotted it at 1:1. When I cut it out, I had a replica of the box, in paper. It *sort* of worked ... needing adjustments for the stock thickness, of course.
There are lesser software packages available at lower prices.
"Who we are and who we become depends, in part, on whom we love." -- "A General Theory Of Love" Thanks, Mom ______________________________________________________________ Glen Appleby snipped-for-privacy@armory.com
Reply to
Glen Appleby
Hi. Check out the below links for some professional (and all free) options. Wings is supposed to be a good modeller, while Art of Illusion can do that too, and just about anything any renderer on the market can do. (Look for a guy named Nate's sample award-winning images done with it.) For a small example, it has HDRI, image mapping (such as for adding, or as you say; "melting" textures and images onto surfaces), procedural texturing, photon-mapping and cautics for high photorealism, and also does high-end animation. It may also support a 2D-cad DXF file import feature soon! I use it myself, and invite you to its forum at Sourceforge (link below), where you'll find that and much much more in the way of fine free open source software solutions.
Richard
-- OPENSOURCE/FREE CAD/3D/GIS/ETC. SOLUTIONS/INFO: .Why Software Should Not Have Owners:
.Brl CAD
CAD
.FreeCAD
.Varkon CAD
.Art Of Illusion
.Wings
.Persistence of Vision
.Grass GIS
.Repository
.3d File Converter

Private
First impression when you said "design boxes" I thought architect.
Reply to
CW
Box design strats with de die-line of the outline then when the drawing is imported and opened with illustrator you can place the logos, images etc in the area
Regards
Rob
Reply to
Robert