Polylines

I try to extrude a polyline along a path but the system tells me that the polyline is not parallel to the UCS???? I have not moved or rotated the thing?? Also I am trying to extrude a polyline along a path, what makes that I just cannot have it work. the system tells me that it cannot extrude. no more details?? YVes

Reply to
Yves

The Extrude command does not usually give the ".. not parallel to the UCS" message. The Pedit command does. So do the various "change" commands. You can only extrude a polyline along a path if it, the polyline, forms a closed shape. Rather than worry about the orientation of an object to the current UCS, you can create a new UCS with the 3point option by picking any two vertices on the path object and typing "@0,0,1" (without the quotes) for the third point. A polyline used for the path can only be

2d, not 3d. Or do you want to add Thickness to an open polyline?

John B

johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.

Reply to
john

Thank you for your help. No I don't really need a 2D object. I did build a 'wall' where I place a photo, then do the rendering and use it for my web site. The problem is that each phot has a different dimension, so I create an adjusted 3D face to place it and keep the aspect ratio. But it seems that it is very unstable to place a photo on a surface and use the controls for that purpose. Particularly the placement to avoid an empty border or to avoid that the photo has been stretched beyond its dimensions.. Also most of my photos are in the 4,000 pixels by 3,000 pixels and it looks like AutoCad has problem dealing with such a size of file. It takse sometimes 7 minutes before I get the control back. I run Win2K SP4, 1GB RAM and plenty of drive space.. Also the ligts are difficult to position correctly and there is no preview of their casts.. Anyway it's life.. Thank you again. Yves

Reply to
Yves

Hi Yves. Interesting, but I don't see what that has to do with extruding polylines. I'm missing something here. To place a photograph at render-time, I would just use a simple 3dface and create a material that uses the photograph.