Autocad

hello
does anyone know how to change Autocad 2002, so that it doesn't remember
in the "historic" menu) when you change the view.
I mean, i don't want to do UNDO 10000 times to erase the last action just
because i zoomed to much in beetween.
thank you for your answers.
guillaume
Reply to
Guillaume Colboc
Not that I know of but it would be nice. That is a very annoying "feature".
Reply to
CW
What is wrong with using dynamic zoom? Or aerial view? Both will allow you quicker access to a previous view than undoing zoom 1000 times! :-)
Reply to
B. W. Salt.
Read a little closer. What he was saying (and I agree) is that zoom should not be affected by undo. If you do something, zoom in to take a look at it then decide to undo it, you have to go threw undoing all the zooms and pans before you get to what you want.
Reply to
CW
Ah! You are right. I misunderstood the comment. It is annoying, I agree.
Perhaps what is needed is for AutoCAD to have a 'History' dialogue box, like the system used in Adobe Photoshop, where you can go back directly to any previous action.
Reply to
B. W. Salt.
A history tree would be nice but at least do it the way most cad programs do and don't count zoom and pan as a command when using undo.
Reply to
CW
a command reactor maybe that sets (command "undo" "mark") hmm... would be nice, huh :-)
Reply to
aa
The problem with that approach(History List) could be that the time saving w/CAD is incremental. PhotoShop(and the like) "needs" to be able to "back down"(History) wholesale.
Reply to
RonB
just use 'previous view' button cheers m
Reply to
mart
What does that have to do with the undo button?
Reply to
CW
sorry the thread asked first about undoing zooms seemed like a good answer
Reply to
mart
No problem. I figured that you just hadn't read the entire thread.
Reply to
CW