Autocad

hello does anyone know how to change Autocad 2002, so that it doesn't remember in the "historic" menu) when you change the view.
I mean, i don't want to do UNDO 10000 times to erase the last action just because i zoomed to much in beetween. thank you for your answers. guillaume
Not that I know of but it would be nice. That is a very annoying "feature".

What is wrong with using dynamic zoom? Or aerial view? Both will allow you quicker access to a previous view than undoing zoom 1000 times! :-)
(Guillaume Colboc) wrote:

Read a little closer. What he was saying (and I agree) is that zoom should not be affected by undo. If you do something, zoom in to take a look at it then decide to undo it, you have to go threw undoing all the zooms and pans before you get to what you want.

Ah! You are right. I misunderstood the comment. It is annoying, I agree.
Perhaps what is needed is for AutoCAD to have a 'History' dialogue box, like the system used in Adobe Photoshop, where you can go back directly to any previous action.
(CW) wrote:

A history tree would be nice but at least do it the way most cad programs do and don't count zoom and pan as a command when using undo.

a command reactor maybe that sets (command "undo" "mark") hmm... would be nice, huh :-)
wrote in message

The problem with that approach(History List) could be that the time saving w/CAD is incremental. PhotoShop(and the like) "needs" to be able to "back down"(History) wholesale.
--
<-<RonB>->

What does that have to do with the undo button?

sorry the thread asked first about undoing zooms seemed like a good answer

No problem. I figured that you just hadn't read the entire thread.