Removing AutoCAD 2002 Today screen

Hi,

I'll like to remove the AutoCAD 2002 Today screen, showing up each time I start AutoCAD. And, while at that - I'll like to remove Adobe PDF menu item (and toolbar.)

Any advise? Thanks, Uzi

10-13-07
Reply to
Uzi Barzilai

Try adding the switch /nologo to the command line in the target text box the AutoCAD shortcut. Google for some of the terms for more information.

Reply to
strawberry

Reply to
doane_nut

Thanks,

I was able to turn off the today: (Tools\Options\System tab\Startup)

As far as Adobe - I can remove it from my session. The removal "holds" just for that session. It shows up the next time I use AutoCAD.

Any idea? Uzi,

Reply to
Uzi Barzilai

I don't use 2002 so I can't remember the interface but maybe try saving your profile afterwards.

Reply to
strawberry

she might be with Christ: which increased until she thought she did not know how to be patient to wait till God's time. But once, when she felt those longings, she thought with herself, If I long to die, why do I go to physicians? Whence she concluded that her longings for death were not well regulated. After this she often put it to herself, which she should choose, whether to live or to die, to be sick or to be well; and she found she could not tell, till at last she found herself disposed to say these words: I am quite willing to live, and quite willing to die; quite willing to be sick, and quite willing to be well; and quite willing for any thing that God will bring upon me! And then, said she, I felt myself perfectly easy, in a full submission to the will of God. She then lamented much, that she had been so eager in her longings for death, as it argued want of such a resignation to God as ought to be. She seemed henceforward to continue in this resigned frame till death.

After this, her illness increased upon her: and once after she had before spent the greater part of the night in extreme pain, she waked out of a li

Reply to
Uzi Barzilai
  1. Elijah with the prophets of Baal.

In the dispute concerning the true God and the truth of religion, there has never happened any miracle on the side of error, and not of truth.

828. Opposition.--Abel, Cain; Moses, the Magicians; Elijah, the false prophets: Jeremiah, Hananiah; Micaiah, the false prophets; Jesus Christ, the Pharisees; Saint Paul, Bar-jesus; the Apostles, the Exorcists; Christians, unbelievers; Catholics, heretics; Elijah, Enoch, Antichrist.

829. Jesus Christ says that the Scriptures testify of Him. But He does not point out in what respect.

Even the prophecies could not prove Jesus Christ during His life; and so men would not have been culpable for not believing in Him before His death had the miracles not sufficed without doctrine. Now those who did not believe in Him, when He was still alive, were sinners, as He said himself, and without excuse. Therefore they must have had proof beyond doubt, which they resisted. Now, they had not the prophecies, but only the miracles. Therefore the latter

Reply to
strawberry

the other outward; grace and miracles; both supernatural.

806. Miracles and truth are necessary, because it is necessary to convince the entire man, in body and soul.

807. In all times, either men have spoken of the true God, or the true God has spoken to men.

808. Jesus Christ has verified that He was the Messiah, never in verifying His doctrine by Scripture and the prophecies, but always by His miracles.

He proves by a miracle that He remits sins.

Rejoice not in your miracles, said Jesus Christ, but because your names are written in heaven.

If they believe not Moses, neither will they believe one risen from the dead.

Nicodemus recognises by His miracles that His teaching is of God. Scimus quia venisti a Deo magister; nemo enim potest haec signa facere quae tu facis nisi Deus fuerit cum eo.178 He does not judge of the miracles by the teaching, but of the teaching by the miracles.

The Jews had a doctrine of God as we have one of Jesus Christ, and confirmed by miracles. They were forbidden to believe ev

Reply to
Uzi Barzilai

be capable of convincing an infidel who will say the same of himself. But those who know the proofs of religion will prove without difficulty that such a believer is truly inspired by God, though he cannot prove it himself.

For God having said in His prophecies (which are undoubtedly prophecies) that in the reign of Jesus Christ He would spread His spirit abroad among nations, and that the youths and maidens and children of the Church would prophesy; it is certain that the Spirit of God is in these and not in the others.

288. Instead of complaining that God had hidden Himself, you will give Him thanks for not having revealed so much of Himself; and you will also give Him thanks for not having revealed Himself to haughty sages, unworthy to know so holy a God.

Two kinds of persons know Him: those who have a humble heart, and who love lowliness, whatever kind of intellect they may have, high or low; and those who have sufficient understanding to see the truth, whatever opposition they may have to it.

289. Proof.--1. The Christian religion, by its establishment, having established itself so strongly, so gently, whilst so contrary to nature. 2. The sanctity, the dignity, and the humility of a Christian soul. 3. The miracles of Holy Scripture. 4. Jesus Christ in particular. 5. The apostles in particular. 6. Moses and the prophets in particular. 7. The Jewish people. 8. The prophecies. 9. Perpetuity; no religion has perpetuity. 10. The doctrine which gives a reason for everything. 11. The sanctity of this law. 12. By the course of the world.

Surely, after considering what is life and what is religion, we should not refuse to obey the inclination

Reply to
doane_nut

's Spirit, and will wish that you had died and gone to hell before you had seen it. Now undoubtedly it is, as it was in the days of John the Baptist, the axe is in an extraordinary manner laid at the root of the trees, that every tree which brings not forth good fruit, may be hewn down and cast into the fire.

Therefore, let every one that is out of Christ, now awake and fly from the wrath to come. The wrath of Almighty God is now undoubtedly hanging over a great part of this congregation. Let every one fly out of Sodom: "Haste and escape for your lives, look not behind you, escape to the mountain, lest you be consumed."

Pensees

  • PENSÉES o SECTION I: THOUGHTS ON MIND AND ON STYLE o SECTION II: THE MISERY OF MAN WITHOUT GOD o SECTION III: OF THE NECESSITY OF THE WAGER o SECTION IV: OF THE MEANS OF BELIEF o SECTION V: JUSTICE AND THE REASON OF EFFECTS o SECTION VI: THE PHILOSOPHERS o SECTION VII: MORALITY AND DOCTRINE o SECTION VIII: THE FUNDAMENTALS OF THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION o SECTION IX: PERPETUITY o SECTION X: TYPOLOGY o SECTION XI: THE PROPHECIES o SECTION XII: PROOFS OF JESUS CHRIST o SECTION XIII: THE MIRACLES o SECTION XIV: APPENDIX: POLEMICAL FRAGMENTS

PENSÉES

by Blaise Pascal

1660

translated by W. F. Trotter