AutoCAD 2002 and XP

I have been running ACAD 2002 in Windows ME. Everything worked well except for the instability of ME. I like using a black background and blue text. Text readability was fine both in model space and in text boxes. Then I upgraded to XP, which greatly improved my stability, but now, when I open a text box, the blue text just disappears! The blue on black shows up fine on the drawings, but not in the text box. I really don't want to go back to ME.

I'm running an NVIDIA Riva TNT Pro video card with 64 MB of memory.

Is there anyone that knows how to fix this problem? Charles Linquist

Reply to
Lowly Engineer

So use another combination of colors, perhaps? ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

You probably need to turn off the windows xp feature 'smooth edges of screen fonts' found under the control pannel->system properties->advanced->performance settings->visual effects.

Smoothing/anti-aliasing works well for normal fonts because they have a width to them. But the standard autocad fonts have no real width and thus get so light you can hardly see them.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Arheit

Go to Control Panel - Appearance - Effects and turn off all font smoothing. Also turn off transparency in AutoCAD - it makes text invisible in the mtext editor. Maybe try a lighter blue also, standard dark blue (5) does not contrast much against black.

Reply to
Tim S

That was it! Thank you so much. It would have taken me a long time to find out that one by myself.

Reply to
Lowly Engineer