eDrawings splash screen in AutoCAD ANNOYING!!!

Aside from re-installing AutoCAD, is there a way to get rid of the eDrawings splash screen from AutoCAD? It adds another 2 or 3 seconds to Autocad startup time for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than to show us the eDrawings logo.

Reply to
Steve Fye

I totally agree. A major PITA. Although it adds an additional 8-10 seconds here.

I have tried to find a way within AutoCAD to prevent eDrawings from loading when it opens since I will never use it from AutoCAD. But I am not very AutoCAD savvy and couldn't figure it out. So I have just been dealing with it.

I'm sure that if it can be done, somebody here will know how.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Search your AutoCad directory files for an "acad.rx" (probably in the "Support" folder)

Edit the file to delete the line EDWAutoCAD2004.arx

Restart AutoCad. Now you won't get the splash screen. Of course, Edrawings won't work either (the eDrawings menu will still be there, but the Publish and Help won't work). To get eDrawings to work in a session, go to Tools -> Load Application, and browse to the file "EDWAutoCAD2004.arx" and reload it.

Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler