Ignore Z-dimension when using snap

Greets.
Is there any way to draw a line between two 3D-points (using snap) so
that the Z-dimension of both points will be ignored and the line will be
drawn with Z=0 ?
Another question, two lines in XY plane intersect, but their Z differ.
Is there a snap option their 2D intersection?
Reply to
loquak
I have never run into a need to do that. I usually draw with the grid off and grid snap off. I have no clue where the objects are being drawn or modeled, in absolute terms.
Bob
Reply to
sycochkn
Use point filters, or a lisp like the XY function (when the current elevation is zero) of my 3dtools lisp on my website.
Not directly. You'll have to use some constructive geometry.
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
sycochkn kirjoitti:
Sorry, i meant osnap of course...
Reply to
loquak
Have you tried APPINT? (it means apparent intersection).
Bill DeShawn
Bill DeShawn
Use a polyline. This won't necessarily ensure that z=0, but it will at least be constant in the current ucs.
Reply to
strawberry