Lisp for p-line length

Hi all - I have been searching for a LISP that might do what I want, but can not really find anything readymade that will do it. What I'm chasing is a
way of drawing a p-line such that it will limit it's total length to x units. Such that running the lisp will ask me "How many units?:" to which I enter, say, 400, and then it lets me start drawing the p-line a segment at a time until I get up to 400 units total length whereby it constrains the last segment to end at only points that would ensure a maximum length of 400 units...
So, has anyone seen a Lisp that will do this, or if it is an easy program to write is anyone able to help me out with the few lines of code?
TIA David M
Post it if you find one. I could use something like that for lots of fire/life-safety related applications.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Interesting. As an architect, I can appreciate that. My application was for pedestrian walking distances. without this lisp, I print out my drawing and use a piece of string. Frustrating...
Cheers David M

See my other post about what I do now. I could write this routine myself, but it's hockey tryout season right now....everything else takes a back seat.
Maybe in May. We could correspond on the kind of functionality required.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
========= DavidM wrote:

True, but almost anything's better than string ; )
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca