Lisp for p-line length

Hi all - I have been searching for a LISP that might do what I want, but can not really find anything readymade that will do it. What I'm chasing is a way of drawing a p-line such that it will limit it's total length to x units. Such that running the lisp will ask me "How many units?:" to which I enter, say, 400, and then it lets me start drawing the p-line a segment at a time until I get up to 400 units total length whereby it constrains the last segment to end at only points that would ensure a maximum length of 400 units...

So, has anyone seen a Lisp that will do this, or if it is an easy program to write is anyone able to help me out with the few lines of code?

TIA David M

Reply to
DavidM

Post it if you find one. I could use something like that for lots of fire/life-safety related applications.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

BTW, now I draw the line and either LIST it or use MEASURE to find a distance along it.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Interesting. As an architect, I can appreciate that. My application was for pedestrian walking distances. without this lisp, I print out my drawing and use a piece of string. Frustrating...

Cheers David M

Reply to
DavidM

See my other post about what I do now. I could write this routine myself, but it's hockey tryout season right now....everything else takes a back seat.

Maybe in May. We could correspond on the kind of functionality required.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Until that lisp shows up, how about using LENGTHEN > TOTAL? Draw the pline where you want it to go, and then another 100 units or so. Then use LENGTHEN > TOTAL to trim it to the desired total length. Not exactly what you were asking for, but better than string...

==========

DavidM wrote:

Reply to
Bill Gilliss

True, but almost anything's better than string ; )

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Erm ... I don't know if this is any help (and I know sh*t about LISP, but am starting to learn VBA as we speak), but you could also trim to a circle with the radius equal to the length of the last segment. That way it doesn't matter what direction the user chooses to go with the pline.

Just my 2 cents.

Rob

"Bill Gilliss" schreef in bericht news:462e2202$1 snipped-for-privacy@news.iglou.com...

Reply to