WHAT IS LISP?????

Can anyone enlighten me as to what Lisp is and when it should be used. I assume it's a programming language used by AutoCAD. I have overheard
references to it and as a home user am just curious.
TIA
HiHo; Read " comp.cad.autocad AutoLISP FAQ" It's posted on this site.

Which site? Did you forget to paste it into your message?

He meant "this Newsgroup" -- it's posted periodically by Reini Urban. Just do a search on previous posts. ___