why is it that?

when i move a grip of (typically) a dim style in model space (through a view port) and real time zoom/pan ADT 2.0 crashes?

this is unrelated to file or OS and spacifically to ADT 2.0

anyone have this happen, and more importantly have a solution?

Reply to
Adam B

Reat time panning will do this in other situations, as well, although my experience has been that it's very sporadic with no definite cause.

One thing that does seem to make it worse is polylines (old style HW) having bad vertex data. I've noticed this with R14-2000i.

Solution: Don't use RT Panning in those types of situation........just use '-P (put in buttton, if you like).

Reply to
TomD

HUM YES I COULD DO THAT.

BUT THATS WHY GOD GAVE US THE ABILITY TO DESIGN A CENTER SCROLL BUTT> > when i move a grip of (typically) a dim style in model space (through a view

Reply to
Adam B

No need to be a dick. You asked if anyone had experienced your problem and if anyone had a solution. I answered both questions. Apologies for the free help I offered not living up to your expectations.

Reply to
TomD

sorry, kinda having a stress ful day. i started replying to your post and i noticed that my caps lock was on. however i was to lazy to back space and re-type my message. (thus the "sorry i don't mean to yell!!)

i guess it did come accross the wrong way.

thanks for the suggestion. i have done the old pan (_p) however when i'm on the fly and really into my work i forget about that button, and i end up using the scoll button anyhow.

i agree on the spiratic nature of this crashing issue, however it typically only happens to me based on the criteria of my original post.

quite a large bug if you ask me on autodesk's part. i made the thread to see if anyone had a perminate fix from autodesk (as i have been unable to find a solution on there self support page).

anyhow, thanks tom d for the reply/suggestion. and please accept my appologies for the un clear responce to your post

;) firends?

rock on!

remember its not work, its autocad!

Reply to
Adam B

I almost never use pan at all. I tend to zoom out & rezoom.

zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoooooom... I guess I just like to zoooom! :P)

ever put a large drawing of a building or structure in perspective & zoom really fast w/ mouse like you are falling off the top? :o) weeeeeeeee!

-- be cool,

Longshot

Reply to
Longshot

And all this time I thought I was the only simpleton who did such things. You should try that with an aerial photograph. Sorta like skydiving without all the wind and danger. ;)

Reply to
TomD

I agree. IMO, there are a number of particularly irritating bugs that have existed since R14 (at least) and been ignored by Adesk. This is a big reason I believe the so-called vertical market is a HUGE mistake on their part. Concentrate on developing a flexible, powerful, bullet-proof CAD platform and let the 3rd party developers develop the

3rd party applications. JMO, of course, and probably of little help to you.........just had to vent.

Graciously accepted. Don't worry, I have neither the energy nor the free time to hold a grudge, particularly one that is baseless. ;)

Reply to
TomD