Mexican steel shapes cataloge

Hello from Italy.

I have been modeling a 3d steel structure and I have to use mexican hot-rolled products to design the building. I have been looking around in internet trying to find a catalogue of mexican steel profiles like LI, LD, IR, IE, CE and so on to use in my drawings because the one I have is not complete.

Unfortunatly I haven't found anything, may be because I don't know the correct words to search with.

Do you have a pdf catalogue or a link to go to or do you know any name of a mexican supplier I can looking for? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

My email: f DOT zanchettin AT tin DOT it

Hope I was enough clear.

Thanks a lot francesco

Reply to
frank

Rick Lawson

[...cut...]

Hello from Italy and thank you for your answer.

The costumer sent to me a fax that includes few pages of a mexican steel shape catalogue. At the bottom of each page (i don't have the cover) it says "istituto mexicano de la costruccion en acero, a.c." and all the descriptions are mexican. Lenghts are both imperial and metric units (imperial base) and pages are titled with LI for "Angle de lados Iguales", with LD for "Angle de lados Disguales", CE for Channels, IR for "Perfil I rectangular", etc...

For istance some of them are:

CE 9*13.4 CE 12*20.70 IR 10*49 IR 10*54 IR 10*60

Are they the same?

Thanks frank

Reply to
frank

Absolutely. Those are standard ANSI (american) size shapes. I use the same things in my work. At first I figured they might use ISO standards, but I guess they don't. The american sizes can easily be found on the net, or at any steel vendor near you. Usually they give reference books free. Ciao Pierre

Reply to
Dr Fleau

I agree. These are standard shapes and sizes in the Americas.

In the US the typ reference would be along these lines:

Angle- 3" x 3" x 1/4" x LG. Channel- (width) x (pounds per linear foot) x (length) LG.

Beam- This is a little different but not much. There are 3 main types of beam; I-beam, S-beam, and W-beam. The differences reside in the basic shape of the web of the beam in relationship to the flanges. I-beam is taller and narrow, S-beam and W-beam are more wide than tall. There are subtle differences between S-beam and W-beam but not much structurally in my experience. So, it would be described as: W36x230# x LG. Where the "w" is the type of beam, the 36 is the height in inches, and the 230 is the weight per linear foot in pounds.

For any of these structural shapes , you can get booklets from American vendors that describe all shapes and sizes. Including plate steel weights per square foot, and hot / cold rolled products.

I am unsure of what "perfil I rectangular" it sound like flat bar to me. I will need to look up perfil "en mi diccionario a mi oficina". Si necesita ayuda con el espanol, pero pienso que es similar que italiano no?

Reply to
Rick Lawson

Thanks guys for your help!

If you have a PDF catalog or a link for steel shapes it would very appriciated.

My email: f DOT zanchettin AT tin DOT it

Thanks again and you are always welcome to Bella Italy. Pizza, Amore and Spaghetti!

Ciao ciao! frank

Reply to
frank

I haven't been able to find a link for listing dimensional properties anywhere. Steel vendor/mfg/supplier If anyone has one, I'd appreciate it as well.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Deckert

Aren't steel shapes the same in Mexico as they are in USA? Try "Al's Steel Mill" (Cadalyst) it works GREAT in Imperial and Metric

Reply to
Brian Spillane

March 2002 Steel shapes of all types and sizes by Al Rogers, p.64 Dialog box interface to draw all types of steels shapes in 2D and 3D

Reply to
Brian Spillane

TY........Dan

Reply to
Dan Deckert

Brian Spillane says

My costumer gave me a old piece of paper conteining few of these mexican profiles. Beams are IR, equal angles are LI, non-equal angles are LD, channels are CE. I had a look at US standard profiles as suggested by Rick Lawson and they are actually the same... The fact is that there's no corrispondence between the names. Profiles like IR553*166 is identical to W530*315*165. I had a look at the dimensions, the geometrial data is the same.

A good selection here

bye frank

Reply to
frank