Notebook Display for Autocad 2008 Widescreen

I'm buying laptop for civil ingineering activities but I think excluding to link external monitor. I have to work on complex plan, carpentry, civil designs, ...
NO 3D and rendering projects.
What display type and resolution can you suggest me ?
1- Widescreen or standard aspect ratio ? 2- What resolution ?

What size ? 15" or 17"

I think it depends slightly on your style. If you rely heavily on toolbars and buttons then I'd recommend the larger format, otherwise 15" (1280x800) will be fine.