Polyline gaps at vertices in different linetypes

I want to draw a centre-line linetype as a polyline and with a width. When I do this the vertices are not filled like you see when drawing a
full line with width. Is there a way to get a continuous full line at the vertices when using
a broken line of any sort (eg centre-line)? Changing PLINEGEN does not seem to fix this. I am using ACAD 2005.
regards
PeterH