Outlines in autocad

Hi folks,
I'm using autocad to draw a floor plan sketch for a project I'm doing. I'm looking for an easy way to draw hollow walls - ie, like a thick pline, but
just the outline of it (not filled). When two plines intersect, I'd like something that makes the intersection look like a continuous hollow wall.
Is there an easy way to do this in autocad? Or am I relegated to drawing the outside of the walls, then the inside of the walls, and making sure that the width is exactly the same?
PLease let me know. Thanks!
Steve
Our another method although i takes the extra offset command after completed and not productive and you get two entities.
folks,<BR><BR>I'm using autocad to draw a floor plan sketch for a project I'm doing.&nbsp; I'm <BR>looking for an easy way to draw hollow walls - ie, like a thick pline, but <BR>just the outline of it (not filled).&nbsp; When two plines intersect, I'd like <BR>something that makes the intersection look like a continuous hollow wall.<BR><BR>Is there an easy way to do this in autocad?&nbsp; Or am I relegated to drawing <BR>the outside of the walls, then the inside of the walls, and making sure that <BR>the width is exactly the same?<BR><BR>PLease let me know.&nbsp; Thanks!<BR><BR>Steve <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Polyline that was
folks,<BR><BR>I'm using autocad to draw a floor plan sketch for a project I'm doing.&nbsp; I'm <BR>looking for an easy way to draw hollow walls - ie, like a thick pline, but <BR>just the outline of it (not filled).&nbsp; When two plines intersect, I'd like <BR>something that makes the intersection look like a continuous hollow wall.<BR><BR>Is there an easy way to do this in autocad?&nbsp; Or am I relegated to drawing <BR>the outside of the walls, then the inside of the walls, and making sure that <BR>the width is exactly the same?<BR><BR>PLease let me know.&nbsp; Thanks!<BR><BR>Steve <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Multiline sorry
folks,<BR><BR>I'm using autocad to draw a floor plan sketch for a project I'm doing.&nbsp; I'm <BR>looking for an easy way to draw hollow walls - ie, like a thick pline, but <BR>just the outline of it (not filled).&nbsp; When two plines intersect, I'd like <BR>something that makes the intersection look like a continuous hollow wall.<BR><BR>Is there an easy way to do this in autocad?&nbsp; Or am I relegated to drawing <BR>the outside of the walls, then the inside of the walls, and making sure that <BR>the width is exactly the same?<BR><BR>PLease let me know.&nbsp; Thanks!<BR><BR>Steve <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Depending on your version, you should look for Multilines in the Help. Exactly what they are designed to do and more. They have some limitations of course, but worth a look for plans.
The (very) old way is to draw one line and offset it and then do the clean up. Before Multilines there was a useful routine floating around called DLINE.LSP that did what you ask too.
MichaelB www.michaelbulatovich.ca