disappearing polylines

    Using ACAD2000 and for some reason, on one computer, the polylines revert back to what appeaer to be normal lines -- even
though an inquiry shows that they do have a thickness -- each time I open the drawing. If I pick one to edit, its thickness reappears until the next time I open the drawing it's back to no width again. Same thing with the arrows on leaders. If I modify one, it reappears.
This drawing works fine in other machines with autocad. I'm thinking I may have accidentally changed a variable. Any ideas?
paul
1st suspect = video card

2nd suspect = video card
--