Toolbars Disappearing

We use AutoCAD 2002 LT at our office. My employer is somewhat new to the program. I am frequently having to go to his computer and put his toolbars back up for him (draw, modify, standard, object properties). For some reason, when he closes down autocad and later starts a new session, the toolbars he was using previously (listed above) disappear. I remember one of my autocad instructors once saying that this a common problem on some computers, but he didn't know the reason why it occurs. For instance, I believe one of about 25 computers in our lab had this problem. I think we were running autocad 2002i at the time. I have been using Autocad for over 8 years and have yet to have this happen to me. My employer and I both use windows xp. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to prevent it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Brett H.

That was the problem right there. Running nonexistent versions of AutoCAD causes all kinds of strange things to happen (or not happen). :)

Reply to
CW

I remember this happening while using an older computer we had. Our theory was that XP was self-correcting at a startup and diverting back to an old setup date or time that worked. Like maybe when the computer is booting it's not liking all the hardware and configurations and background programs loading at startup, so it's actually going back to when the computer worked...which may happen to be the day, and right after, you installed the autocad program. It's an operating system thing and not an autocad thing.

Reply to
Glenn Ogreenc