Autocad Vs Autocad LT?

In practical terms, what are the differences between autocad and autocad lt?
Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel

http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad-lt/compare /
--
Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail /

Just download a Trial and well, try.
Charles Shade www.cshadedesign.com
cshadedesign.com wrote:

I would rather get the opinion of someone who already has some experience with this, as there may be some important aspects that are only noticed after a lot of practice.
Thanks nonetheless, Rui Maciel
Rui Maciel wrote:

I think the trial versions of the software (both versions) are pretty much full versions of the software, only they just work for 30-days (or so)...
Martin
I use both.. (full version at work, LT at home) Two things that can't do using LT, 1) 3D modeling and 2) custom Lisp routines. Other than that, for what I do they are pretty much the same.
Martin
Rui Maciel wrote:

Rowley wrote:

That's nice to hear. The ability to develop scripts and to do 3D modelling isn't worth 2k per seat to me. Does the LT license authorize the users to use it commercially or is it one of those "academic" licenses?
Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel
Rui Maciel wrote:

AFAIK, it depends on what sort of license/subscription you buy... Not really sure how Autodesk does their academic software these days - I 'think' that they just do 1 year / 2 year subscriptions for students.. (I might be wrong).
I paid around $700 USD for my home license of AutoCAD LT 2009 (commercial license). Reason I got it for that price was 2010 was coming out a few week later and people buying the older version got a rebate.
And keep in mind - I think that you can still do some scripting in LT, you just have to do it in Visual Basic instead of Lisp..
Martin

On May 11, 11:38pm, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Oh I don't know I think both install disks weigh about the same. I always thought LT was Less Than
As an LT user I do not know what I am missing. Most users of Full that go to LT lament the loss of LISP and other specific coding qualities. Many Express Tools are now part of the LT Core Command structure as far as Layers and such are concerned. If you truly need 3D the LT will not be for you but there are ways to emulate 3D models. Also Vendors software that use LISP or VBA cannot be integrated into LT but generally can be used outside of the LT environment. FyPon CAD is a good example.
LT users have also come up with many ways to emulate Full Commands thru the use of Macros and Scripting. The LT Forum at the Autodesk website will provide you with more detail if you search there.
LT can be "licensed" to several computers by using the License Transfer Utility. This will allow you to export the License from one machine for use on another and vice-versa. This is not the same as having three people use the program at the same time but rather having one install at office A and a second install at home if you wish to move the license and work at home.
Install the Trial and Try.