Alternatives to autocad?

Are there any alternatives to autocad? If there are, what are they and how well do they compare to autocad?
Thanks in advance,
Rui Maciel

Draftsight
http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/free-cad-software /
Is 2D Handles files from ACAD 2.6 (?) to ACAD 2010. Requires free registration (once a year?) for save and print to work, but doesn't lead to much in the way of email spam etc. Does not have VBA, but will run scripts (eg diesel) with only minor modifications. There are some minor differences in how command-line sequences work, but this is balanced by some useful commands not available in ACAD. The only (very minor) problem I have found is font compatibility. Easily fixed by editing properties. (May not occur if you use standard fonts.)
Regards
http://people.aapt.net.au/jclark19 /
www.bricscad.com
Just getting back in News Rover as my usenet client, so I apologize for the previous overly brief reply. I use both AutoCAD 2009 and BricsCad. My Bricscad is a few years old @ version 9. Becuase at times I like to use dynamic stretch and ability to select multiple pick points, I tend to use AutoCad more. However, I am 99% sure that hasn't been a limitation in Bricscad since the version after mine. Since the copy of Acad I use is through work, there hasn't been a financial incentive to upgrade Bcad so far. Except for the above issue, I find it is faster, loads quicker and is completlely compatible with autocad 2007 format. I believe the current version is up to 2010 file compatibility. For about the same as LT you can have the works. If I were to upgrade, it would be to Platinum which allows use of 3D ISO in 2D mode.