Baseboards

Any suggestions for baseboards ?, my main concern is weight, are there any alternatives to Sundealea boards (would any fibreboard work if it was strengthened at regular intervals with 2x1 batons ?) The layout would be approx 2ft wide by 19ft. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
dunstable.dasher

"dunstable.dasher" wrote

Why not go for an open top board and just put in track bed where it's needed? That would keep the weight down to a minimum.

If you're insistent on a conventional board then fibre board is fine but support at no less than 18" intervals.

John.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

You might want to Google back in the archives for this group since the topic has come up several times in the past with many contribututions from subscribers.

Here's part of my contribution from a thread last year which may be of some use to you.

The methods are based on Dick Ganderton's original idea and you might find Dick chipping in with his words and music as well.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Several methods are listed at

Brian Schofield

I have sent you a copy of my method of making lightweight baseboards.

Whatever you do, keep well away from any form of fibre board, insulation board, Sundeala, etc. No matter how well you think you are supporting it it will sag and bow.

dunstable.dasher wrote:

Reply to
Dick Ganderton